FROM THE KITCHEN TO YOUR HAIR.

8 July 2016



I love the convenience of store bought hair products but as per my experience, homemade products are more effective than store bought.A few kitchen staples you can use on your hair & their benefits.


1.Aloe Vera Juice;
I use it as a leave-in conditioner. It has the same PH as your hair & will help close your cuticles.Promotes hair growth.Works like a natural conditioner for your dry scalps thus helping with eradication of dandruff.It has moisturizing properties & helps with hair elasticity.

2. Rosemary Infused Oil;
Rosemary herb stimulates hair growth,helps with dandruff,strengthens & restores luster to your hair.Stuff dry rosemary sprigs in your oil of choice & use that oil to moisturize/seal your hair. You can remove the sprigs when your oil changes colour. I use coconut oil for my infusions.

3.Flaxseed Gel;
Flaxseed has mucilage properties so its just perfect for a holding gel. Gives your curl definition,leaving it soft & shiny. Place 1/4 cup flaxseeds in your saucepan/sufuria. Add 1 cup of water,let it boil for 10 minutes while stirring every few minutes. Let it cool & strain.Use it the same way you use store bought gels like eco styler gel.

4.Fenugreek powder;
This is my favourite Ayurveda powder.It strengthens,thickens your hair & helps with shedding.It also stimulate hair growth.I buy the seeds(trust issues lol) then grind them. If you buy the seeds,grind into a a super fine powder. I added the powder in my henna paste & it dissolved.

5.Hibiscus/Green Tea;
I have shared before how I love tea rinses & these two are my favourites. They help with shedding & also stimulate hair growth.

3 comments

  1. Where do you buy the Fenugreek powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally,I get mine from Nakumatt, in seed form then I grind it. Check where they sell Nakumatt Blue Label spices.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Arti-Arte | A Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.